New York Manhattan Hotel evacuated overnight due to high levels of carbon dioxide


NEW YORK — A hotel in Midtown had to be evacuated overnight due to high levels of carbon dioxide. 

Just before 3 a.m. Monday, about 15 people were forced out of the New York Manhattan Hotel on West 32nd Street. 

Police said high carbon dioxide levels were detected, and there were fears of a possible gas leak. 

Some tourists from Barcelona, Spain said they were jolted awake by emergency workers. 

“We were sleeping, in the middle of the night, they knocked the door. I think supposedly a gas,” said Olga Matas. 

The problem was reportedly caused by manhole fires nearby. 

The FDNY and Con Edison responded to the scene.

Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More